...and my last for the year. Better late than never, I finally finished my Halloween/Fall SAL for ILCS. I had put it aside when I realized I wouldn't get it done by Halloween so that I could concentrate on other projects that I was doing for others, namely the ornament RR. But I decided I wanted to finish it before it became a nearly finished UFO. I almost didn't do the green confetti stitches on the left because I knew they'd be a pain, but then I thought it looked unbalanced with the orange border on the right and nothing on the left. So I did them, and I think it came out pretty cute. I'm going to focus my attention on the White Tiger for the rest of the year, and see how much I can get done to start the new year off with.
It took much longer than I would have liked, but I finally got my last Round Robin ornament done. The design is Joy by Lizzie Kate. The last few weeks of school were very busy, and that took me away from my stitching, but I was finally able to get back to it. I'm about to send my final package of the year off to Berly, so I hope she likes it.
Life has been so crazy recently. I can't wait until this semester is over, then just have one more calendar year to be done with everything. That will be a sweet, sweet day, let me tell you. I fell behind in my ornament RR stitching, but luckily Shari included a pattern that was a very quick stitch. Got it started and finished in one day. It's called Do You See What I See? and it's got a calm feel to me. Hope you like it.
I have two more finishes for October. One is for the ornament round robin for ILCS. It's the snowman hugging the tree. The snowman uses blending filament, which is not my specialty, but I think it came out pretty good. The other is for the ornament SAL also for ILCS. It was a very simple design that didn't take long at all. I thought it came out pretty cute. Now I just need to add it to the SAL folder since I forgot last month...LOL
I've got two finishes for the month of September so far. They're both ornaments, one for me, one for Vickie in the RR. I liked all the ones she sent, but having a sweet tooth, I picked the candy store. The tree is for me. I'm really liking having all these small finishes, especially now that I'm busy with school again. What do you think?
Well, it's the start of a new semester, and that means added stress to my life. Work has been so hectic with new students, faculty issues, and class scheduling nightmares. All I can say is thank goodness it's Friday! I'm taking two classes again, and of course it looks like they're going to keep me plenty busy. My advisor thinks I can be done by next December. Man that would be nice, but we'll see.
I have two finishes to share. One is called Christmas Helper, and it's for one of my ornament Round Robin partners. The other is for the ornament SAL. I think I may make it into a card instead of an ornament because it just looks like it was made for a card. I finished the second one earlier in the month, but held on to it so I could show two at one time. :-)
I've got two finishes for this week. One is my July ornament for the ILCS Ornament SAL. I'm not real thrilled with the French knots, but I think they came out better with regular thread than they would have with the metallic thread as called for in the pattern. The other is Mill Hill's Root Beer Float. This kit was part of my Summer Exchange gift from Berly. It's my first Mill Hill kit. I think it came out pretty good, although it was the first time I've done both stitching and beads in the same project. That took some getting used to, but after a while it went pretty fast. :-)
I'm happy to say I have two finishes to show! I finished my June ornament of the ILCS Ornament Stitch-a-Long. I almost got it finished in one day on a plane, but ended up with a few stitches to finish once I got back. After almost two years I'm finally finished with the tiger drinking at a stream. It seems like way too long a time to finish such a small project, but I'm happy it's finally done.
Finally, after almost two months, I have a small finish. Life has been incredibly complicated in the last several weeks with major events and trying to finish up this semester. It's been a stressful time. So I deliberately picked a small design for this month's ornament so that I could finish it really quickly and feel better. I think I like the way it turned out.
It's been a couple of weeks, since I posted last, but I'm happy to say I have a finish for March. Betty, one of my ILCS friends, is putting together quilts for her granddaughters. I am very glad to say that I finished my block for her yesterday. I'm even happy with the way most of the french knots came out, even though they're not my specialty. Hopefully I'll have one more small finish for the month, but for now, here's the block.
I'm very excited to say that I actually have a full finish for this year! This will be the first post I have with a picture, so hopefully this works right. The pattern is called De-Calf, and it will actually become part of a larger project. Hope you like it.